Langley School District Kindergarten Registration Opens Monday, January 18, 2021
All children who will be five years old by December 31, 2021 (children born in 2016) are eligible for the Kindergarten program beginning September 7, 2021. Registration for Kindergarten will take place on the third Monday in January of the year for which the child is eligible.
Registration opens Monday, January 18, 2021 and will be open until Wednesday, March 31, 2021. All registration takes place at the neighborhood school level (with the exception of the new elementary in SW Yorkson). Due to COVID-19 health and safety guidelines, the process for registration and collecting documents may be different this time. Please check back in mid-January for updates on instructions.
Registration is not available at the School Board Office and/or during spring break.
Documents Required for the Registration Process
Proper documentation is essential. Please note, registration may be delayed if the required documentation is not provided.
- Proof of age (Birth Certificate)
- Proof of Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status must be provided for both student and parent (Canadian Birth Certificate, Canadian Passport, Canadian Citizenship Card, Landed Immigrant documentation, Permanent Resident documentation/cards)
- Proof of residence (mortgage papers, Property Tax Notice, BC Driver’s Licence, subject-free purchase agreement [less than 6 month move-in date], utility bill)
- Current vaccination records* (school does not retain a copy)
- Registration Form (also available at your child’s school)
If you have arrived in Canada with a work permit, study permit or visitor record, you will need to contact the School District Office at 604-534-7891 or email@example.com.
*Helpful Resources from Immunize BC:
Cross Boundary Registration
To register your child in a Kindergarten program outside of your catchment area, please contact your catchment school and follow the process outlined for Cross Boundary Registration.